Wednesday 12 October 2016

Wazza's European Adventure!


Hi, and thanks for coming back! Especially after a real no - show on my adventures yesterday. I'm so selfish! lol

Okay - today I went to this wicked pub, that my cousin took me to, which was called The Fish & Eels. It is right next to a canal (yes there are canals in England), and the view was lovely, as you saw boats and house boats cruise past a waterfall from the canal itself. A higher estuary of course.

It was a really nice quaint English pub. English fare, English beers, and English hospitality


Most English Pubs have a lot of choice, but this one was exceptional, as it had these crackers! They also had their own beer, which most pubs do! If you were to drink all the different types, it'd take you a couple of years - at least.


This was my first drink (and not my last by far) of the day, and I was pretty impressed with it, but IT WAS AT ROOM TEMPERATURE!!! 

But still... it wasn't bad! 

We order, and I had the tempered chicken. Wow - what a plate! It was the size of the entire plate, with salad and chips. Holy moley. I only, however, lasted about 5 mins. And I was trying to be slow with my eating! I had another beer with my meal, which I think was a...


This was a better ale because it was an ALE and not a BITTER, therefore it was COLD and it went well with the tempered chicken. The herbs and spices went well with this lovely drop.

After a lovely custard dessert, we went outside so I could have a smoke and take a few photos (which I really don't know where they are! I was supposed to put them up here! I may still if I can find them!) After a good burp, and another pint - another Doom Bar would you believe!) we got in the car and drove home.

Got home, put on the laptop and did boring stuff again! HA! Such a great day!

Tomorrow, I don't know what I'm doing, but I will put up a post if I do something! I need a rest! :)

 Ciao!




No comments: