Friday 19 August 2016

Wazza's European Adventures

I was getting bored...

So I decided to dye my hair...

Oh my word!

 So what does one do...

One goes to a shop, decides what colour he/she wants to be (he for this) and then follows the basic instructions, from the handy leaflet, and makes sure to put the gloves on from the packet, and some sort of protective clothing...

After seeing my pictures from Hong Kong, I was getting bored with the old "Silver Fox" look, or even the "Extremely Distinguished Gentleman" look. Now I was sporting the silver and greys for quite a while, since 2 months before I took off on my adventure, as I was doing my own thing. I didn't have to impress anyone, no job interviews (as I only got 2 in 2 years), and I was pretty comfortable with my own growth, so I didn't want to. Coming into the UK, I thought it was about time for a change.

In comes L'Oreal and their LIVE INTENSE COLOUR! In dark chocolate brown. So I'm here, in Harlow, whilst cousin Brian is out doing what he does (birdwatching, and he's an absolutely cracking photographer!), and I'm looking for something that I can wear, so I don't get any ink or dye on my clothing. I'm looking, and looking, and almost (almost!) used my favourite old blue jumper, but praise be the BIG BUS TOURS in Hong Kong, as I remember them giving me a poncho for the tours on the open air bus. Out comes the poncho, and on goes the dye...


NOW... this will be the most undesirable man to have ever been on a dye commercial. THIS GUY TO OUR LEFT.

I look like a hobo from a not so distant time in London, that picked up his lucky poncho from the side of the road. Even a serial killer looks better!

So here I am, in a poncho... and then I discovered that I have ink all over the inside of it... AND ALL OVER THE DAMNED BATHROOM! And English bathrooms are not big. NO! There is terraced housing as far as the eye can see, and most if not all people live in double storey terraced houses, with common walls...
And this is what one does when dying their hair!



 You gotta laugh. I did. I still laugh now every time I see this! I look like a man trapped inside a stained condom! But around this time, the burning started, and I wanted to scratch. Badly! Oh my lord was it bad. I wasn't able to record those bits, as I had ink everywhere.

And talking about everywhere, I was pretty much off upstairs again after a quick smoke to wipe off all the stains in the bathroom, if I could. I did manage to though...

Still yabbering on...


 So... the end result?

 Not too bad really... Not a bad job too. covered all the grey and silver, and I feel a bit better about myself. Pity about the acne that I have gained from eating crap for the past couple of weeks whilst traveling, but they have cleared up now too...

So thanks for reading and laughing with me, on this edition of Wazza's European Adventures. I am sure I will be making you laugh again soon..

Ciao for now! Waz






No comments: