Tuesday 24 January 2017

Wazza's European Adventures!


G'day! Hi, I'm back, and here to continue telling you about my adventures that I recently had in Europe!

Did you know that after I had that double burger meal from McDonald's, it totally slowed me down? I wanted to do something, but didn't want to spend too much cash, as I am on a budget.

I went to the nearest shopping centre, and I really needed to! My brand new (3 weeks old!) Sony Vaio laptop (one of the best ones - y'know - touchscreen, flipper, the keyboard lit up), and I was really upset to see such a magnificent creation by one of my favourite companies go "kaput". I was angry. Pretty angry. I still have to go back to JB Hifi and talk to them! But anyway, I went and walked to Harlow Shopping Centre and decided to get the repairs underway myself.

"3 weeks, maybe a month..."

"GET OUT"

I left my laptop in the care of two guys that were more interested in World of Warcraft than a supermodel coming into the shop, which, in a way, kinda made it a bit more secure in my mind. I had walked all the way to the town centre, so I decided to walk around and find out what the place had to offer. 

Some really amazing shops, some usual shops, no K-mart or anything like that, but they did have those cheap shops like the Australian Reject Shops, but better, because they sold EVERYTHING, and everything was a quid each! I bought a good amount of food to tide me over, so I wouldn't be eating my cousin out of house and home (which sometimes I think he did think!), and that I'd have something to take with me to any festivals and/or pub crawls that I was intending to do.

So after a bit of a walk around, an ice cream, and buying some amazing comics that I hadn't seen before, and some movies, I decided to call it a day and head on home. 

Walking home I took some photos of the "street signs" around the area... And it's a bit harder to understand as there are no real street names, just names of the areas that you actually had a house in. It was weird... Like Nicholls Field, North Grove, Sadlers Mead... and up to 200 people could be living in each of these areas, not bigger than 5 acres of land... It's totally crazy! I don't know how 68 million people live on this island, close to the Arctic Circle (close enough!) and actually "LIKE" it!! I don't get it. And then they whine and whinge about it? I have told my cousins to move to Freo! They'd think it was paradise, and then I'd send them to the Gold Coast! They would probably think it's Disneyland! Lol. I am actually looking forward to my cousin and her kids coming over. It would make my life a bit more interesting!

I walked back home. 

I got home and put my feet up, had a smoke or two and then did something that I really wanted to do when I got here. And that was watch the football! It was great... just me and the tv... 

Couldn't ask for anything else. 

So that was this day. I'll be back to tell you more over the coming weeks

Get out there and travel!!!

CIAO!!!



No comments: